View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
Mos1ted
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch v1.03 to be released on XBox 360 soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Funny I was just about to post them. I played two games online; borderline shocked both guys played relatively straight. Neither had any gameplay lag whatsoever but in both there was noticeable input lag, if that's what it's called. I think I hit 25% from three the first game, second I think I may have hit two 3s all game - and I had some good looks. First game both me and my opponent had problems hitting 3s. Second game my opponent had little probs shooting mid or long range while I struggled at times. I managed to keep it close as he was sloppy w/turnovers though. Game disconnected in the second game as he was doing something and it gave me the win even though I was down 3-4pts.

As I said when we were going back and forth, I'd agree with you that online isn't some hyper-Sim experience. But I don't think it's supposed to be. I don't see it as being some horrible completely unrealistic basketball experience either. Most people that play this game don't know basketball, I'd place myself among them. So I think expecting the game to somehow force people to play a certain way really isn't realistic given many don't really know the game of basketball to begin with. Yes guys should be punished for constantly hacking and shouldn't be able to feel good simply hoisting up 3s all the time.

The guys I played today played mostly straight - neither tried to constantly hack at the ball although one did routinely play the inbound. Far as I know he didn't feel he was doing anything wrong but if I were to compare to real life it's not something you'd likely see. As far as the bumping I think that's almost a necessity for online play at this point. Unless games like baseball or basketball that normally require precision are able to completely remove latency - which at this point is impossible - there has to be some sort of middle ground so people can't drive however they want without something to slow them down. Not saying it's a perfect solution or even the right solution but I think it's better than the alternative. Either way, my experience online so far today has been enjoyable. I normally don't play online much so today for me has been encouraging. So far.
But my original point was this:

I'm not expecting every guy I face online to know basketball, nor am I expecting the game to somehow force them to place realistic basketball. What I'm expecting is for the game to give me tools to where I can play basketball and win against a person who isn't.

So, if I'm playing simulation basketball on a simulation basketball game, and my opponent is playing arcade basketball on a simulation basketball game and can win consistently, that's what I have a problem with.