View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 01:30 PM   #22
SteveM
Rookie

OVR: 12
Re: NBA 2K12 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Post Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

I play mostly in My Player, and have played one game with my team (Jazz) against the Wizards. Overall result was good. The Jazz are in fourth in the West and the Wiz are cellar dwellers out east; I think the final score was 110-85 or something (12 min. quarters, Pro/Sim).

Assists came a little easier for my PG (he ended up with 7), although there were still a few cheesy steals for the CPU. Some legit ones though, too. And contested shots definitely don't go in at the same rate for the CPU as they used to.

One thing that I would love to see addressed that's very specific to My Player is on plays like PHI Iso 3 and Iso 2 and some floppy sets (where a SG or SF runs off a low screen to the 3-point line). If I don't time the pass just right, the SG or SF will run way past the three-point line, which is fine, that's my fault for not throwing the pass well. But then when they catch it 5 to 10 feet behind the line they will just automatically heave up the three. This is particularly frustrating when I also dish to guys who are open and in range and they throw it right back to me. There must be some AI subroutine telling them to jack it up right off the catch, even if it's a totally garbage shot.

But overall, thank you, 2K, for getting this patch out. Can't wait for the big one!