View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Has the unresponsive defensive swat and catch animations been fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDelta
90%? I'd say about 80% of the deep balls the CPU throws on me are caught completely uncontested because my DB doesn't even try to make a play at the ball, if I try to user them, instead of a jump and swat, they go into a ground catch animation while the receiver jumps for the ball.

It's the one thing that's been driving me crazy this year, last year, deep ball coverage was bad, but this time, it's pretty much nonexistant. It doesn't matter whether I user the DB or not, if the CPU throws it deep, it's pretty much always a catch.

And concerning defensive assistance, does that even work this year? If I press X, my defender does absolutely nothing, he doesn't move, doesn't tackle, no nothing, it seems to me like the button has no function at all.
I think someone on OS somewhere, explained that defensive assist doesn't work an All Madden, just the lower difficulty levels.

Also, I agree about the atrocious defensive awareness at times and then it's supernatural at other times. The best remedy seems to switch to control the defender ASAP after the pass is thrown, to hopefully allow time for the player to process the action you want them take. Someone mentioned turning Auto strafe "on" which may allow for the User controlled player to be in a better position to jump when not using "sprint". I plan on trying that next time I play.