Thread: Getting Lucky
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #8
redbird294
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Getting Lucky

The Colts offered up the #2 pick in the draft for my backup QB. I was shocked. Granted, the QB was Jake Scott, and I just bought Motivator for my squad, so he maxed out at 98.

My starting QB was Jordan Taylor, who was an absolute beast at QB once I got Motivator. 99 SPD and AGI, 99 AWR, THP and THA. Pretty much 99's in everything. Plus a really high trucking ability too--high 90's. He was like English and Zazzali rolled into one. So, even though Scott was a beast too, he was in the last year of his deal, and I didn't have the cash to keep them both since I knew he'd want a max contract. Since my offense was a custom shotgun spread system with several QB runs, I decided to keep the mobile Taylor instead of the pocket-passing Scott.

I took the pick. Luckily Dungy had retired (another rarity in the game) and most of his staff was gone, so there was little to no chance of me running into them and the ugly Tampa 2 at some point. Since all my starters had OVR's in the mid-to-upper 90's and were locked up in long term deals (with plenty of cap room!), I didn't really need the #2 pick, so I parlayed that into several picks in the next 2 drafts, mainly to fill out the roster.

Oh, and Jake Scott? He's a backup for the Colts now, holding the clipboard behind Cooper Reno. Thanks, Indy.

I don't know what I was the most surprised about: That the Colts would trade the #2 pick for a backup QB, or that they would take that backup QB....and make him THEIR backup QB.