View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #228
ManiacMatt1782
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

you want an example of cheese, cheese is taking Rajon Rondo, and doing nothing but causing that stumble into steal every time the opposing pg takes a step. because no player is gonna stumble because they took 1 dribble and Rondo undercuts them. That is abusing an known exploit in the game. Play a quick match vs a boston user if you dont know what im talking about. Pounding the post and calling plays to set up 1 on 1 situations in the post is not cheese. Shooting turn around jumpers is not cheese. In fact these moves are very defendable and can lead to an offense getting a little predictable, thus making them easier to stop. Do some of the contested turn arounds drop anyway? Of course, do some contested mid-range and 3 pointers drop anyway? but noone is crying cheese when Danny Granger buries a shot when he was smothered. Usually I say "Damn" but think to myself, he can keep taking that shot all day, he's not gonna hit that look with regularity, and normally they don't.

Here are some post defense tips for those who feel the post game is overpowered because they are defending wrong. Double teams and trapping are your friend, the ball gets low, press LB to get some help and trap the man. If you are stuck in a 1 on 1 situation, but you have a feeling you know which way your opponent is gonna go, hold the left stick in that direction while their back is to you, this leads to an anticipation move, yes you can get burned for guessing the wrong way, but now if it was a turn around jumper, you can then y, or RT and Y for an aggressive contest. If its the post spin the move is just cut off and now the guy has no dribble and is alone down low, call a double and get those hands up to deflect the kickout pass and force the turnover.

To the few of you claiming cheese in the post game, think to yourself, How much of that last paragraph was I actually doing? The answer is most likely not much and you need to go back and practice some defense.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 11-17-2011 at 05:07 AM.