View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #10
Pappy Knuckles
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: UFC on Fox 2 - Jan 28 - Chicago

UFC made the right call with these matchups. With Anderson being sidelined until mid-2012, they might as well have Munoz and Sonnen go at it. Munoz was already talking like he was a title contender, but a win here will actually generate some validity to his claim. If Sonnen gets the win, it will only further strengthen his spot as the #2 middleweight in the division. There wouldn't be any reason for a rematch with Silva not to go down at that point. I think Sonnen comes out on top, but Munoz has surprised me before.

Sanchez and Ellenberger should be an awesome fight. Diego is coming off two great performances over Kampman and Thiago, while Ellenberger is on a five fight win streak and a KO of Jake Shields. This is a big fight for both guys. Ellenberger probably gets a title shot with a win here followed by another one. Diego is starting to put it back together, so beating a hot prospect would be huge. I honestly think Diego can outwork him for a win. Ellenberger has KO power, but Diego has never hit the canvas before. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 11-22-2011 at 01:58 PM.