View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 12:12 PM   #344
gorillapittpray
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

March 3rd, Thursday 2014

BCS TO MAKE CHANGES
AS THE BCS CONTRACT EXPIRED AFTER THE 2013 SEASON, BCS RENEWS WITH MAJOR CHANGES

ESPN STUDIOS - For what its worth, the BCS was a successful system. Starting in 1998 through 2013 the BCS got it "right" 11 times putting No. 1 vs No. 2. three other instances had the AP crown their own National Champion. Records do show however that from '98 through 2010 19 teams from non AQ conferences had a chance at a BCS bowl whether they were unbeaten or a one loss team and Only five teams made it. Last season the BCS allowed the MWC with a automatic bid. But conferences like the Sun Belt, Conference USA and the MAC got excluded causing for a new system.
Conference USA had three teams who could all have a chance at a BCS bowl game down the stretch of the season.
Conference winner Arkansas State head coach released this statement regarding his displeasure towards the BCS:
"Bottom line is, the BCS is flawed, They themselves know it, which is why they proposed a lot of changes going forward. All I've heard all year is the computers don't like Arkansas State. Well, the computers haven't programmed themselves. We have had back to back 10 win seasons and the best bowl we could get was the Liberty bowl.
I felt like it was to a point where I had to say something. I don't understand it," he added. "Most of the people I talk to don't understand it. Most of the people that are explaining it don't completely understand it. The experts have their disagreements. I just wanted to lay that out there. Do with it whatever you want."

He's not the only one with the Argument nor the only one whose stepped up and said something. UL Monroe AD had this to say.
"Because a lot of the small schools are in Non AQ conference they look to branch out out thus causing that huge alignment process we went through last off season. It ruins rivalries and college traditions and affects other sports."
UL Monroe also won 10 games last season.
The BCS has heard and listened to all available options. The NCAA also has decided to extend the BCS for another 15 season's under new Guide lines.

NEW BCS DEAL:
  • All AQ status will be pulled from Major conferences
  • Because there is no more Automatic Qualifying, teams that leave a conference will have to be geographically sound
  • Conference champions will more than likely get a higher chance of landing in the BCS
  • Deal is for 15 years with provisions available after five