View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #351
gorillapittpray
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: "Dragon Breath" A UAB Dynasty (NCAA12)

Aug, 27th Weds 2014

GAME WEEK
BLAZERS TAKE ON BITTER RIVAL TROY
AT LEGION FIELD
Matchup Preview | August 30, 2014
@
Troy Trojans
(0-0, Away)
UAB Blazers
(0-0, Home)

Head Coach Travis Rhatigan Speaks about upcoming game vs Troy:
"I can tell you that I have been looking forward for this day. It marks the beginning of game week. It allows a football coach, staff and team to focus on the task at hand. I felt like we had a very good camp. It was a very physical camp. One in which there was some conditioning. I think our guys are looking forward to playing another team. That being said, I think all of us are looking forward to football. This team is looking forward to playing in front of our home crowd, we know its gonna be a huge crowd. They're looking forward to playing a marquee team in college football in Troy who have put together a few 10 win season's since I been here.
"Our opponent is a 10 win team and a runner up to the big east champs Notre Dame (last year). They promoted their offensive coordinator Jonathon Gray and from what I know they will bring in a air raid type of attack much like we seen a few years back.

We put our faith and confidence into Adam Dyks who will be a sophomore this year and we feel very confident in our skill position guys. But we're so so excited about our defense this year, they had a year to grow, a off season to grow and and now its time to see if they're ready to step it up and help us become one of the elite programs.

THINGS TO WATCH ON TROY:
  • How will Troy and their new quarterback Ben Wall react to a hostile environment
  • Tailback John Heinz maybe the fastest player on the field, how will Troy utilize him in their pass attack
  • Out of the five receivers listed on the depth chart they only have a combined six catches
  • DE Eric Day is the leader of this defense, its key for him to get his motor going
THINGS TO WATCH ON UAB:
  • Will UAB open the playbook up for Dyks
  • Matthew Scott has had big games against Troy, expect another
  • Matt Ford is the only experienced receiver returning will Dyks force him the ball or spread it around
  • With much talk about the defense expect the secondary to make a lot of plays today
  • #8 Cortez Means is as good as advertised at LB, Will UAB turn him lose
The Blazers haven't lost a home game under coach Rhatigan yet. Its opening weekend and Blazers have a lot to prove, a well experienced defense (B+) and speedy set of playmakers on offense (B-) should allow for UAB to run away with this one at home.

Advertisements - Register to remove