Old 11-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
RAZRr1275
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: The Audiophile Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxAir23xxx
That's wicked man. How do those Seinnheisers sound? I was really looking into purchasing some but got some Dre beats for Christmas last year, so I didn't buy them.

I was looking at the HD 555 model I think. The beats really crank the low end to hell but squash the middle frequencies, so I'm looking for something else in the near future.

In terms of durability how are the Seinnheisers? I mainly use headphones for just listening to tunes around campus and at night in my bed, and have a pretty solid audio system that I use primarily through the day. The beats are good for what I use them for though. Never had a durability problem and they look pretty sexy.

Any opinions of those Seinnheisers (especially compared to beats) would be appreciated!
The Sennheisers are great as far as durability - I throw my HD-280s in a backpack when I'm on the move and they haven't broken. I know someone who owns the HD-555s and does the same thing. I'd strongly recommend the sennheisers - What you'll get is a very neutral headphone with great sounding mids and highs. If you're a big fan of the beats you'll find the senns anemic in the bass department because they won't have as much as a kick as you're used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adice15
Would you recommend getting either iBeats or Klipsch S4i's? I've heard that the iBeats have more bass and overall sound better, but I've also heard that they have terrible durability.
I'd say the Klipsch S4is - To be honest I haven't heard them but I have heard a few beats products and don't like them at all - Way too much emphasis on bass and not enough on highs and mids for my liking. So largely because of that I'd say the Klipsch ones because I hear their sound signature is more mid and high friendly. I will say this though, if you're a basshead get the beats.
Advertisements - Register to remove