View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 12:13 PM   #38
Gotmadskillzson
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ratings Discussion: Insight from EA

It is just something about this game that doesn't set right with me. It never did and with even more tests, the level of stuff I am figuring out is just mind blowing.

I am pretty soon we all might have seen a play where your stud offensive lineman get blown up by a defensive lineman. At 1st you think the following:

That offensive lineman must be terrible

OR

That DL player must be a beast.

Then you look at their ratings and say WHAT ?? Looking and going strictly by their ratings, there is no way he should have gotten destroyed so quickly and easily by a player with inferior ratings.

EA Game Changer Madscientist even been running tests on his own for the past week or so. He put the strength rating at 0 for every offensive lineman. And that team was STILL able to rush for over 250 yards on All American.

I went a step further. I put the following at ZERO

Strength
Pass Block
Run Block
Impact Block
Run Block Strength
Run Block Footwork
Pass Block Strength
Pass Block Footwork

To my surprise and disbelief.......I and the CPU was still able to run the ball pretty effectively on DEFAULT ALL AMERICAN. Furthermore, offensive lineman not only blocked, but still PANCAKED defensive linemen and still generated a push off the line on running plays for a good 2 yards.

On passing plays, the guards and center didn't seem to be effected at all by having a ZERO in all those ratings. Only people that were effected were the outside tackles. But more often then not, the passing game wasn't effected or hampered as much. They were still able to move the ball up and down the field passing and running. The only QBs that were really effected were pocket passers. Balance and scramblers just simply avoided the sack and fired the ball 20 yards down the field as though it was business as usual.

This reminds me of special teams. Don't matter who you have on the line, nobody will ever get through up the middle on FGs or punt attempts. It as though their is some invisible force field.

Route running......has no effect at all in NCAA 12 on a dry field. WRs still get open at the same rate, still run the route the exact same way even if the rating is at Zero or 100. The only thing route running effect is whether or not a player slips during snow or rain games.

Agility.......don't have enough of effect on motion at all in NCAA 12. Put it at 99, put it at 0....Turn rates are still tight. The amount of slow down from changing directions, pretty much don't exist.

Catching......even at ZERO for DBs, they still catch the same amount of interceptions.

Man/Zone Coverage.....only semi works. Even at zero for both, the DBs still stay with WRs pretty damn good. You would think with it low, they should be totally lost out there and be completely faked out on complicated route patterns. But nope, they still stay with WRs step for step and still under cut WRs to make the interception.

Jump......The game defies logic here too. At ZERO I still see defensive lineman jumping sky high to bat down passes. Also weight don't seem to matter at all when it comes to jumping. How is humanly possible a 330 pound player can jump as high as a 174 pound player ?

Weight needs to matter in everything. I am tired of seeing obese players jumping like they Jordan. Tired of obese players not getting tired either. Which brings me to the next rating: Stamina

Stamina don't seem to matter for defense and don't seem to matter for offensive linemen either. I have played 10 minute quarters with it at ZERO and none of my offensive line or anybody on defense got RED or and maybe 1 or 2 got YELLOW for ONE play then the following play went back to normal.

I never seen a game like NCAA 12 that totally defies player ratings. Completely makes playing dynasty pointless. Don't even bother recruiting for studs because you can just get a 1 star player for your entire team and still won't have any problems rushing the ball or passing the ball or getting turn overs with your defense.

This needs to stop and completely change for NCAA 13. Heading into December, the NCAA dev team should be heading into Alpha stage for NCAA 13.

ALL THE RATINGS need to work and have a direct impact on how players behave and move. Instead this year, ratings only seem to be a place holder for making the player tendencies change and people just have a generic AI behavior based off that tendency.

Weight needs to matter in EVERYTHING. Currently weight only matters in tackling, even then it doesn't work half the time.

Locomotion needs to be in everything as well. Currently locomotion is only present in FREE movement. It isn't used in tackling, WR/DB interaction or OL/DL interaction.

And is just isn't the ratings and sliders that are wonky in NCAA 12, it is the animations as well. It is as though none of the animations in NCAA 12 fully play out, all of them seem to have been cut short.

Have you ever looked at the players feet and legs when they run in NCAA 12 compared to how it looked in NCAA 11 ? It looks funny in NCAA 12 as though they cut the 40 yard dash mocap animation in half.