View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
tical2399
Rookie

tical2399's Arena

OVR: 3
complete and utter fiction. Sports games are supposed to mimic the real thing as accurately as possible. The stuff we put up with back in the day was ok because the systems simply could not produce even a semi accurate imitation of real life sports.

I can only speak for football games since thats all I really play. While I do go on much about guys wearing the wrong facemasks I do care that you can create a 160 o-lineman and have him manhandle Suh as the famous youtube video showed us.

I do care that 175 pound Dexter Mccluster can run over Patrick Willis about as often as 260 pound Brandon Jacobs could. I do care that 260 pound Brandon Jacobs can put together a juke/spin combo that would make Barry Sanders proud without tripping all over himself.

I expect in 2011 to have trajectory in passes. If I got a receiver wide open and the only defender is 10 yards in front of him, I should be able to lop it over him without the LB jumping like I threw the ball at a height of like 7 feet .

For those of us who watch football (seems those who voted fact dont) we hear week in and week out how certain WR/TE as matchup nightmare because they too big for the average DB to cover and too fast for the average safety. But this doesnt exist in football games. Size means nothing. You cant have your 6-4 215 pound WR wall off that 5-9 CB and out muscle him for the ball.

You can draft that rare TE with true WR speed and have him constantly shake and our move LBs and safeties in coverage. I dont know about you all but i've never seen a D-lineman try to do a move on an o-lineman and magically bounce 2-3 yards backward .

I've never seen or heard of a QB being drafted in the first round 2 years in a row by the same team. (seen it happen with Ponder in MN and Locker in Tenn) . I've never seen a team with 3 starting caliber CBs (85+) draft another CB in the first round when they had high 60s and low 70s starting at all LB spots.

Last time I checked there was offensive pass interference, defensive holding, late hits out of bounds, hands to the face, ineligible receiver down field and illegal shift penalties. I'm also sure teams can send more than one person in motion.

I don't know if you've fact voters know, but sometimes teams go out of their way to draft local players to get the fans in the seats, but we cant do that cause there is not even an owner mode. I can go on an one. The truth the game is not for those who actually care about football, its for those who want something quick and disposable.

I think this attitude is best shown during one of the loading screen. It talks about legends or something and it says "every wonder what it would be like to play as Barry Sanders.

That shows me that they make this game for those who are young and don't know/care about football, cause of us who do played as Barry for years back when we were putting madden on the map back in the late 80s and 90s.
Advertisements - Register to remove