View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:24 PM   #69
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Sim, can you please tell me how are the "simmed stats" of teams after your edits ? With default, they are nowhere near last season stats, or any other recent season.

Specifically:
- Teams ppg scored
- Teams ppg allowed
- Teams total shot attempts
- Teams 3s total shot attempts
- Teams FG%
- Teams 3s %
- Teams assists, blocks, steals

Also, players assists & blocks

I am an association/season hardcore fan so I look for a balanced experience in terms of gameplay and sim stats ... therefor I have done some editing (as usual), based on last year real teams/players data and scaling it into attributes and tendencies ... and as opposed to previous years, they dont reflect a better outcome within the sim engine (gameplay is good for the most part) ... to me, it seems that this year the sim engine was not considered or modify to handle the changes into 2k default formulas and even more, it seems completelly disassociated with "scaled values" ... like giving us the only choice of doing unscaled edits to force the engine into having better sim stats (which then becomes subjective and brakes the gameplay) ... and all this, aside from the bug that shows horrific stats for the teams a user plays with.

Really interested on what are you finding with your edits, within the sim engine.
I answered most of this in my previous post, but I forgot to add this: there's nothing that can be done about Blocks Per Game. I don't care what you do, the sim engine just won't give a player more than 2 or 2.5 blocks per game. With 2k going back into history and giving us all these classic players, it's somewhat frustrating that they didn't fix a sim engine that hasn't produced realistic block totals or averages for the past few years. If they would have put guys like Mark Eaton or Manute Bol (who are historical leaders in Block Percentage) to go along with Bill Russell (one of the best shot blockers ever but who played in a time where they didn't keep that stat) they would not get NEARLY as many blocks as they should.

Manute Bol had a block percentage of over 10% during a few seasons. That means when he was on the court, he blocked 10% of ALL OF THE OPPONENTS SHOT ATTEMPTS. That's absolutely ludicrous. By comparison, Dwight Howard's highest block percentage in a season EVER is 6.0. Mark Eaton's career average in that category is 6.9 and Manute had a 10.2% career average. Insane.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.