View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 03:03 AM   #198
Nba2k12Arms
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: BSHADOWS HD (PC) Videos and Images! Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullio
Thanks for this, that fixed the issue with the weird hue. I had spent some additional time fiddling with the .ini but gave up after not being able to figure it out.

Unfortunately I seem to be having a new issue with it. When I switch it on, the brightness level gradually increases until the game gets super bright. This only happens while actually playing a game, though. The mod works fine otherwise. When I switch it off the game reverts back to the mod-free look and runs fine. I have the feeling this may be due to having all of the extra options (like headlights, trees, water, etc) in the .ini and it's causing havoc with the mod. If I get it corrected I'll post a fix.

I would very much be interested in that FPS fix, as well. Having the mod enabled cuts my framerate down to (a still very playable) 44-45 FPS, whereas with it turned off I get a super smooth 60 FPS.

EDIT: Figured it out...sort of. It's one or more of the new changes to the COLORCORRECTION section of the v5 .ini. I'm not sure what you need to change the values to, so I just used the values from v4.
Glad you have figured out the structure of the .ini file. With people with the FPS and such as myself there is code line in the [EFFECT] section. Try putting a =0 value on EnableShadow=0 . (In binary 0 means off and 1 means on).

This will turn off the shadow effect settings under [Shadows]. I have been reading that having Shadows on by default decreases FPS. Even though the Shadows effect value is on, there is no shadow effects what so ever. I was told that on another forum.

I tested having shadows on and off I saw no difference nor increase in shadows what so ever... And they have told me that the only thing that really changes the looks of nba2k12 are the Color settings under COLORCORRECTION and the palette. This is the reason why you are having issues with brightness and other such. Settings in Colorcorrection and also differ. from monitor color settings to another monitor settings in itself. This is why other people call their enbseries mods as Color mods and not really a shadow mod, it simply does not work in nba2k12.

PM me if you're interested with my ini fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_SKY
how to enable/disable the file? don't know how to use it.
Hold on Shift button and press F12.

Last edited by Nba2k12Arms; 12-04-2011 at 03:09 AM.