View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 08:02 AM   #72
ffaacc03
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I answered most of this in my previous post, but I forgot to add this: there's nothing that can be done about Blocks Per Game. I don't care what you do, the sim engine just won't give a player more than 2 or 2.5 blocks per game. With 2k going back into history and giving us all these classic players, it's somewhat frustrating that they didn't fix a sim engine that hasn't produced realistic block totals or averages for the past few years. If they would have put guys like Mark Eaton or Manute Bol (who are historical leaders in Block Percentage) to go along with Bill Russell (one of the best shot blockers ever but who played in a time where they didn't keep that stat) they would not get NEARLY as many blocks as they should.

Manute Bol had a block percentage of over 10% during a few seasons. That means when he was on the court, he blocked 10% of ALL OF THE OPPONENTS SHOT ATTEMPTS. That's absolutely ludicrous. By comparison, Dwight Howard's highest block percentage in a season EVER is 6.0. Mark Eaton's career average in that category is 6.9 and Manute had a 10.2% career average. Insane.
Thanks, then still looking for your updated report on your findings about simmed stats of teams. Here is were the sim engine seems broken or dissociated of scaled ratings and tendencies. To me, this year, is worse than ever.

Players stats are for the most part, "easy to fix", just with scaled ratings and tendencies ... there are few exceptions, the ones I listed and that you have now confirmed, such as blocks/assists/fg% ... which seems (being pretty optimistic) only partially fixable.

Again, thanks.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 12-04-2011 at 08:05 AM.