View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #73
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
Thanks, then still looking for your updated report on your findings about simmed stats of teams. Here is were the sim engine seems broken or dissociated of scaled ratings and tendencies. To me, this year, is worse than ever.

Players stats are for the most part, "easy to fix", just with scaled ratings and tendencies ... there are few exceptions, the ones I listed and that you have now confirmed, such as blocks/assists/fg% ... which seems (being pretty optimistic) only partially fixable.

Again, thanks.
No problem. Did you check out the Google Document I posted at the beginning of this thread that gave the sim-stats for the teams that were done at the time compared with their real-life stats from last year? The link to the Google Doc is in post #2 and there is a post I made regarding a second simulation that included metric stats in post #20. I believe that the stats would be slightly more accurate if I could get the minutes in association to stay the same as they are set in the roster file (I only controlled one team when beginning the Association to save time).

I've been thinking lately about why some players have lower FG% during sims than they should and I think it may be related to their Shot In Traffic Rating, which is very low for nearly all players by default. I'll need to test the theory to check it out, but I think it may work.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.