Old 12-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #104
RMJH4
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Living in the Shadows – A Patrick Ewing Jr. Story

Ewing's Epilogues: Episode 9.

Ewing's Epilogue

Well fresh back after the All Star break and straight into training. We are due to play the 76ers tomorrow the day before the trade deadline. But a half hour into our morning practice and we picked up an injury. Well two injuries infact. Rafer Alston tore ligaments in his left ankle.

We stood around for about 10 minutes while the trainers checked Skip to my Lou out. But that was the worst thing we could have done as we began to cool down. We got up and running our 3 on 2 drill, then Grant drove hard on K-Mart. K- Mart slipped and managed to take Grant down hard on his shoulder. Injury number 2.

Grant has a sprained shoulder and is expected to be out for up to a month. I feel sorry for Grant who had been playing at a high level in recent weeks. Losing these 2 guys for around a month could really put a halt to us chasing that last playoff spot. We are only 5 games back, but really motoring with this unit. Coach Frank will have to make some adjustments, one of those hopefully will be to elevate me to the starting 5!

You have got to be kidding me. The front office doesn’t seem to know what direction to take with the development of this team. Because I just got a text from Ben Gordon telling me he’s been traded. I had heard he was undergoing some physical tests today along with Jason Maxiell. But nobody knew what it was about. Turns out both of them are on the move. Got to get on to NBA.com to check out whats going on.

Last edited by RMJH4; 12-04-2021 at 07:32 AM.