View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 PM   #260
Kcordloh
Pro

Kcordloh's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: When the Defense Roars: Missouri Tigers Dynasty

Pinkle would love to face Rock in BCS National Championship
Missouri's head coach Gary Pinkle would love to face former defensive coordinator Johnny Rock and his Ohio State Buckeyes (#1 Harris, #2 Coaches, #2 BCS) for the BCS National Championship.
"Without a doubt, I mean he is one of the best defensive minds I have ever seen. Yeah his defenses give up points, but have you ever noticed they never gave up more than the offense could cover. At Missouri we were a heavy 4-3 team when he entered, but we always were defense first then offense, and it's only now we are starting to see his recruits and the guys he worked with making themselves into star players. Our defense today is his, he built it, and then his former colleague has taken it over himself."

Joey Davis, Missouri's current DC, had comments himself. "To be quite honest, he is a smart guy. Yeah the last 3 years were not the brightest defensive efforts ever, but did you ever see anyone besides two schools really take advantage of Missouri's defense one he implemented his system? Kansas and Boise State are systems, they develop a very effective passing game, and it worked. They are the only two teams to beat Missouri the last 44 games, and both were close offensive games. I built on the talent he recruited, in fact everyone here now that starts got his stamp of approval. Notice nobody has really exploited our secondary? That's his talent for recruiting and my defensive plans. Arkansas, the best passing team in the nation, had to rely on their running game to move the ball consistently on us. Short story, I would love to stack my defense up against his offense, and I would love to see MU/OSU in the BCS National Championship."