View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:57 AM   #70
mjsonoma01
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 12 The Show Hands-On Preview and Interview with Ramone Russell (PS3, PS Vita)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
While I agree that presentation and commentary are important, I am disappointed that those are the highlighted areas of improvement this year. I hope the developers take the time to sim 15-20 years, stopping every offseason and checking roster mgmt (such as free agent signings, handling of rosters, etc). Make sure financial rules work properly and that trades are tightened up as much as possible. The last several years we've had to wait for a couple of patches to address things such as FA's being unsigned, and that sort of thing. I know it isn't going to be perfect but I would much rather see significant time spent on franchise stuff than making sure it mimics a TV broadcast. Crossing my fingers.
This is exactly right. Commentary was old, but not broken. The free agent system and trade logic IS broken. I really would have liked to hear something regarding this. It is not that reassuring that the "number one focus this year" is presentation and commentary. In my current franchise, year 2016, Felix Hernandez is a free agent and no team can afford to sign him because they are all bankrupt.

I wonder what all this new commentary would have to say about THAT.

I say fix what is broken. Make that a main focus.

Dont everyone yell at me just yet, the article has some wonderful news. I just know what I have learned over the last two editions, and that every year is a new gimmick. 2010 year of the catcher. 2011 new pitching and hitting controls with the stick. 2012 playstation move and vita. Still no franchise news. Patiently (not so) waiting for all the information to arrive, but doubt is growing.

Hope I eat my words.