View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #22
Skarecrow
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What's your Preseason Promise..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnk
Depends which philosophy you use. If you use "big arm/tools", then he's gonna be terrible. I remember Dorsey more for killing careers of many QBs.

I promise realistic expectations for a team. Below/above .500 for my 1st year, playoffs second year and either conference championship or Superbowl my 3rd year. I wish there was a promise for "1 playoff win". There is a big difference between conference championship and making the playoffs.
Right, because beating a wildcard team isn't usually a big deal, usually a coin flip at the very worst. Conference championship usually involves beating the Colts or the Buccs, and that's something else altogether.

Although, that sarcasm aside, the Buccs lost to the Cards (which I think was 90% Jack English) in the 2009 playoffs in my current dynasty, and then the cards went on to beat the colts in the superbowl. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have just drafted English, who I passed on in order to get Morrow in round 2. Not that Morrow is doing poorly mind you. He just didn't do THAT.