Old 12-12-2011, 05:35 PM   #6
bedwardsroy19
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K12 Official Rookie Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Faried is an AWESOME rebounder and hustles his butt off. This things make Overall go up. I havent looked yet at his Ratings, but the way Overall work depends on the players Strengths. Some Attributes raise the Ratings. One reason that Overall Rating is OVER-rated.
I know a ton about Faried and even more about the importance of the individual ratings. With all of that being said, he hasn't played one game in the NBA. As good of a rebounder as he was in college I find it surprising to see where he rates comparatively to other power forward and centers in the league.

Chris Anderson is an awesome rebounder that hustles his butt of as well, and hes proven that thus far. Faried has yet to do so.

I actually like Faried a lot, but maybe this is just proof that the way overall is determined needs to be drastically switched. Looking at the Nuggets roster, overall-wise, Faried is higher than even Gallinari. The formula needs to be modified. At the end of the day, it's impossible to not look at the overall as well and be dumbfounded by it.

Last edited by bedwardsroy19; 12-12-2011 at 05:40 PM.