View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 09:04 PM   #77
pdiehm
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: What you want to see improved in NCAA 13 Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65South
tl;dr everything so sorry if this is a repeat.

Physics. Whether it's offensive and defensive line interaction, player momentum, warping DBs, WR/DB interaction or pogo jumping LBs.

Make size matter. I guess this could be a part of physics. But what's the use of me recruiting bruiser RBs, hog molly offensive linemen or space eating defensive tackles if the linemen play the same as their 260-270lb counterparts and the 220lb RB plays the same as his 185lb "change of pace" mate.

Crowd noise and college sounds. I don't need gimics here, just improve the college atmosphere. Maybe some real band sounds. Cheer when the crowd should be cheering, get loud when there's a turnover and go crazy when the defense creates a turnover and scores. Right now everything is absolutely the same and bland no matter if it's a score to go up 30, a game changing touchdown or interception to seal the game. Bring some emotion to the contest.

I went to the B1G Championship game two weeks ago and just could not believe how loud and frantic it was for both Wisconsin and Michigan State.

Play Action. How long has it been since this has worked correctly? I like to try and run a pro-style attack. While play action should be a significant part of this style of offense, you can't take a chance on play action in this game when it's likely your QB will take a sack before he finishes his play fake animation or immediately after.
In the game the B1G championship is indoors, yet you can see their breath, and the one year, it was snowing. The commentary said "It's cold and snowy outside, but here inside it's perfect and 70" or something along them lines, as the game was played indoors during a snowfall.