Old 12-18-2011, 04:16 AM   #137
Psyblast
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Stanford Cardinal (NCAA 12)

Edwards headed from the desert to The Farm
Stanford lands their prize from their Arizona pipeline

PALO ALTO, CA - Not many coaching staffs get to brag that their landed their #1 targets in recruiting on both offense and defense.

Stanford can boast such a claim this year. Having already secured the pledge of 5-star Santa Ana (CA) Mater Dei quarterback Shane Williams, coach Brian Kudron sealed the deal with his #1 defender yesterday, 4-star Chandler (AZ) Hamilton nose tackle Andrew Edwards.

"I was just really comfortable there," the nation's #43 prospect said after picking the Cardinal over USC and Nebraska. "Stanford's got a great reputation around here, and definitely at my school. I'm friends with Devon (Carrington), and he hosted me on my visit, showed me around and all that, and he helped convince me that Stanford is the best place for me."

The 6'3, 340-pound Edwards is the 4th ranked DT in the class.

Elsewhere, the Cardinal also landed 4* Canton (OH) McKinley offensive guard Jay Ramsey, and are now almost at capacity for the class. The graduation of Daniel Zychlinski leaves a need at punter, and Stanford has reached out to Eagle Pass (TX) punter Jermaine Rouse, the 8th-ranked punter in the nation. After that, there is maybe one more spot in the class, with 4* Arnold (MD) WR Kevin Phillips the favorite to land the offer.