View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #8
bomccready
Staff Writer

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandetta
Honestly the sims are going to be a bit off since the ratings were determined before the season and some teams (LSU anyone) have proven themselves much better than initial impressions. I really doubt Alabama crushes LSU.
Pandetta and shadia147, I agree about the ratings and the CPU's use of players. I made some minor adjustments to make these teams play closer to their real-life counterparts (updated depth charts, moved Russell Wilson from NC State to Wisconsin, gave Michigan a playbook full of QB runs). But when you leave the CPU in control, as I did for these games, you definitely get mixed results. I mean, Denard Robinson threw 50 passes and ran 12 times in the sim I watched.

Watching a series of CPU-CPU sims makes some of the game's AI weaknesses really obvious. For example, the number of fake punts in these games was absolutely incredible. Also, although EA has improved the simulated stats of scrambling quarterbacks, watching the AI control a scrambler is a different animal entirely - none of the running quarterbacks in these games could do anything on the ground.