View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #167
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyImOrlando
Slimm why in the world is Kobes mid-range at 77? Thats lower than pau gasols and many other players that are not even close to Kobes level. This really makes no sense at all.
Technically, it should have been a 76 because he shot 38% from 16-23 feet last year. The range I used for mid-range, which was very close to the range that 2k used for that distance, takes the percentage a player shoots from that range, multiplies it by 2, and you get their rating.

It looks like this:
Dirk shot 50% from that range - 99 rating
Kobe Shot 38% from that range - 76 rating
Player x shoots 48% from that range - 96 rating
Player y shoots 34% from that range - 68 rating

Gasol should be a 98 since he shot 49% from that range but when I was scaling big men, I took took their percentage times 2 then subtracted 10 from it. Therefore, he ended up with an 88.

Keep in mind, Offensive Awareness, Shoot In Traffic and Consistency also affect how good a player is during gameplay and Kobe has very high ratings in those categories. Have you played with/against Kobe or simulated any games/seasons with him? He plays like Kobe both in gameplay and in simulations.

Also, keep in mind that Kobe is one of the most overrated shooters from 16-23 feet as I've ever seen. He forces too many shots, in too many difficult situations, over too many defenders to score at an efficient rate. His highest percentage from that range over the past 5 years is 42%. The league average is 40%.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.