View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #28
rudyjuly2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
I don't have high hopes for EA's football games this year. I hope I'm wrong. I've just had enough of the way the players move which is weak. Very little player weight and momentum. This series needs a real time physics engine along with new commentary. Still so many things wrong that I don't know if I'll be buying either football game this year. In general sports games are no longer worthy of annual purchases from me. They have to earn my money from now on.

I'm looking forward to the baseball games. Still haven't made my mind up between the Show 12 or MLB 2K12. The Show will be more polished and have a lot of good things but it's hard to ignore my love for 2Ks analog pitching, commentary and overall fun factor. I didn't like the direction of 2K11s hitting system last year - too rigid and MVP like (HAVE to go the opposite way on every pitch over the outer half). The demos will be important for me. My personal pet peeve with the Show's pitch speed may be fixed so I'm leaning that way, especially after all the bugs and issues 2K has.

I've gotten back into basketball so I'm curious as to what EA will bring to the table. I just wish they would say they continued the Live series. A reboot, even with a two year hiatus, doesn't sound good to me. I just don't like the control system for 2K basketball. Maybe I just need to learn it but the shot stick needs to be replaced by Live's r-stick moves. It's more natural.

The Last of Us may be a good non sports game at the end of the year but I don't really see any non sports games out there that I will be crazy about. That can change in a hurry though.