View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #21
rustymuffler
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Head Coach Firings?

We went through the coaching carousel in my OD. Me and another user declined to accept new contracts from our current schools to see what offers we would receive. After finishing my 2 year contract at Ole Miss with an A prestige rating, 2 National Championships, 2 SEC titles, 1 Heisman, and a dozen All-Americans, I am now the OC of Florida Atlantic. How did this happen?

We only have 4 members in our OD. 2 guys have current contracts, then me (OLE MISS OC) and another user (SDSU OC) completed our contracts. I won the NC, he won a BCS bowl game and was ranked 2nd after the season with winning the Heisman Trophy for Ronnie Hillman. We both figured that our chances at a good OC position or HC position would be high so why stay at our current schools. We both received HC offers for 1 star schools and OC positions that were either equal to or worse than our previous OC positions. After going through the entire carousel we were forced to sign contracts at 1 star schools.

Now what do we do, stay under our new contracts and take the best possible job next season? Or since this seems unfair and unrealistic, can we leave the dynasty and be invited back to take our old jobs back after creating new coaches? There isnt a question of if our commish is okay with this cause it would be okay to do considering how unfair this system is, rather we're wondering if you can rejoin an OD after leaving?

Last edited by rustymuffler; 01-09-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove