View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 PM   #11
TreyIM2
MVP

OVR: 30
Ahh, Gameday. That series, initially, pulled my attention away from Madden. Loved the use of the right trigger (modifier) to lower your shoulder to either truck a defender or pop a ball carrier. I didn't like the user of thunder and lightning effects when playing rain games when using that trigger. I thought it was silly and cartoonish.

Another thing about the series is that they were the first to go polygonal on the PS1. I never got that game back from my cuz. He gave my jewel case back with Blitz in it after I let him borrow it. Lol.

At any rate, it is ashame how their sports games came to an end other than their MLB game which became such a remarkable game in The Show. Shootout was downright pathetic and only had 1080p graphics going for it in it's current gen iteration. Gameday coulda become something if it lasted but the lack of license would have hurt...yet, I think Gameday went kaput before the EA license deally. If that game was still around, Sony may have had a shot at keeping the NFL license open to all comers.
Advertisements - Register to remove