Old 01-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #60
phillyfan23
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: PC Players: The Must Have Downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
It's an .exe designed to be used with the download version. When those mods first came out, they were .exe specific. But now I think they can be used with multiple versions of the game, both the download version and disk version. They usually tell you on their download page.

Files/mods are update version-specific as well: 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, etc. The option files (roster saves) that people upload for example, and that were created with version 1.02 of the game, won't work in the disk version of the game you bought until you update to 1.02.
ok that is clearer....jenkey's latest patch is compatible with 1.03 so with my DVD version, I need to get online and update just like console versions correct?

Jenkey also said that no disk. exe works best, he himself wrote it in his evoweb thread when someone complained of crashes using the dvd.

So, do you know a place to get the game digitally? just in case my dvd gives me problems. Don't mind the price, soccer sim gameplay is invaluable for me.

oh, you jinxed my laptop by the way hehe....the msi gt683 633 blah2 came in with an ingrained blotch on the monitor. Will get my replacement tomorrow.

gives me another day to study pc gaming