Old 01-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #21
edaddy
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: EA and NCAA Football Announce Videogame Development Fellowship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Yeah, I think we need to be supportive, yet skeptical at this point, boys. It doesn't take an ex football player to figure out what's wrong with the game. Just make it how it looks on TV - it can't be that hard to compare and apply.
I agree while I still think this is a PR move I still think we need to be at least supportive yet guarded at the same time..I am pretty sure that EA has had former college players working with them on this game and they also have the resources to obtain any information from NCAA coaches etc. to implement the neccessary intricancies and strategies into NCAA football. I truly think it goes deeper than that as far as coding and what direction EA wants to go with the game. Knowing x's and o's and actually being able to implement them into a game is totally different, and probably hard to do. I don't think EA's problem lies in not actually knowing the game of football its 'being able to put it in the game without becoming to "sim" or "arcade". C'mon man they have football coaches and football players who they can easily get feedback from so I don't see that as a problem. I am more concerned about the feature set not at least being on par with last generation consoles. Features from 7 years ago should not have to trickle in year after year and made to look as if they are somehow groundbreaking. Camera angles, presentation packages, player movement, penalties etc..should've all evolved to a point where the difference is substantially noticeable from last generation..(and frankly it's not).

This game should be open for Beta testing and given community feedback during the cycle. Not just open to a few individuals who happen to either own websites or have the time to devote to this game to figure out the little nuances involved. Skills, Play and a host of other roster makers have done a great job of making this game playable and enjoyable ..but it truly shouldn't have to come down to that at all. While I know that's a pipe dream as far as Beta testing something else needs to get done to get the entire community involved to get feedback..maybe a midcycle demo?..etc..
Advertisements - Register to remove