View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #24
TombSong
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: EA and NCAA Football Announce Videogame Development Fellowship

Instead of the pre-relase hype that they shove in our faces each year, how about addressing some issues that don't require "real world talent" but "programmer talent"

1. Make it so the offense can't tell if a defense is playing zone or man before the defense even lines up. (CB's bouncing outside then inside...or immediately
lining up over their man....some of you know what i am talking about)

2. How about giving me control of how my defenders shift pre-snap, not just moving on their own, giving away if you are playing cover 2 or cover 3. Give me more pre-snap looks other than just show blitz.

3. Make sure flipping plays and motion don't cause my men playing man not to line up properly.

4. Base defenses should be in EVERY formation. I should not have to hunt down a particular base defense in only one formation in my playbook. I should have more run plays in 3 and 4 wide formations...not just draws.

5. Can I please send more than one man in motion ? Can I have formation audibles ?

6. Can you make it so my AI team mates play their zones and not run to cover areas they have no business being in(hook zones in particular) It also seems certain formations make them play their zones oddly.

7. Does shading work ? If so would someone please explain it. Can I assign a LB to jam a TE at the LOS ?

8. Can you make it so stunts/twists are a part of the pre-snap audibles you can make for the defensive line ?

9. CBs playing a cover 3 and chasing a WR that has gotten behind them should NOT be going after balls thrown to another WR BEHIND them. How on EARTH could he know the ball was thrown with his back to the LOS ?

10. Run Blocking and pass blocking still need work. There are MANY times I see offensive linemen not know who to block if they dont find a first level defender to block. Instead of moving on to the 2nd level they just stand there and block no one. They also don't peel off double team blocks fast enough a lot.

11. Can we finally get real multi hit tackles ? Not the I come in to layeth the smack down only to see my defender go into a tumbleweed animation.

12. Super leaping LB's need to go away just like the rain song...their f-f-fake speed and jump height is just plain wrong(Just sing that to the song mirrors)