Old 01-22-2012, 12:03 AM   #241
Psyblast
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Stanford Cardinal (NCAA 12)

Stanford Returns to the Sunshine State

October 28, 2014

Stanford has barely even tried to make inroads into Florida under Brian Kudron's watch, instead focusing on Texas and the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions. Senior All-American safety Wayne Lyons was the last Floridian to join the Cardinal, but now another dominant safety from the Sunshine State will look to follow in Lyons' footsteps.

The nation's top free safety prospect and 56th ranked prospect overall, Chad McBride of Deerfield Beach in Broward County in southern Florida, committed to Stanford today, picking the Cardinal over nearby Miami.

"Stanford just had everything I wanted in a school," McBride said. "They've become a bigtime program, and they're one of the most elite schools in the world, academically. Distance from home was never important to me or my family, they understand and appreciate what a degree from Stanford would mean, so they gave their blessing to let me go away for college. So I'm 100% on board with Stanford and Coach Kudron."

The 6'0, 210-pound McBride is an elite combination of speed and power; he will bring some of that fabled Florida speed to the Farm, and will hit like a freight train in run support as well.

Stanford Recruiting - October 28, 2014
NAMEPOSCLASSHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
Jason McKnightDE#3Pittsburg (CA)6'7252
Michael DowningMLB#5Newport Beach (CA) Newport Harbor6'2245
Alexander DeAngelisTE#8Cincinnati (OH) St. Xavier6'6255
Ryan MillerQB#13Cincinnati (OH) Moeller6'4200
Chad McBrideFS#1Deerfield Beach (FL)6'0210
Advertisements - Register to remove