View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 PM   #334
-CoL-
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'm guessing that in the example with Kevin Love you're simulating the season, the CPU is making a roster move because of an injury/fa pickup/trade and then automatically resetting the minutes of the starters. With the roster in the link, if the players have minutes set the way they are in the team rotation screen, I have no problem getting Love to grab 14.5-15.5 rebounds per game consistently. Try simulating a season with injuries off, set his minutes to 36-38 per game, turn off trades and see what results you get. I bet he gets more than 11.

I know about mysynergysports, also. I'm absolutely not spending close to 100 bones to edit a video game. I know some people do, and I wish them the best and concede they will probably edit a more precise roster set than me. That's on them, though. And, I think my wife and I would have some serious problems if I spent 100 bucks, not on video games, but on things I need to edit video games. I would really like access to their data, but I'm not willing to pay that price for it.
I actually check synergy data for individual players all the time for free, what I don't get is access to their videos and stuff (assume the paid version also shows better rankings, sortable tables or I dunno tho).

But anyway, regarding the inconsistencies on simulated stats, Of course I had injuries disabled and no trades and 40 minutes for Love, but I finally found out what was it, it's a problem with the way 2ksports handles the stats in sims, now I don't know if I can link another website but townknave made a great post titled "Comprehensive Simulated Stats Mechanics Guide" in NLSC, it explains how every stat relates to real life results, and how some stats have absolutely no input on simulated stats. I recommend checking it, it could come handy for the future.

For example 99 block rating would only amount to a 4.9% block rating, so no matter what I do, I wouldn't get more than that; and rebounding itself for a player affects the distribution of rebounds for a team, he had the same problem with Love and by reducing the rebound rating for his teammates (mostly beasly and darko), Love's rebounds went up, worked for me too, again Seriously recommend reading that post to understand how the simulated games work in 2k12.