View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
Cubs017
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Why has EA not implented a Spring Game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawolves9
The spring game, in past iterations of NCAA Football was used to get a glimpse of your upcoming team and some of the incoming freshman that would be on your team as well. It gave you an idea of what freshman to redshirt and which ones you could let play because they made plays in your spring game. After the spring game, you also got to pick your impact players. To some, it might be just a glorified practice mode. If it is, so be it. It'll add to the immersion and I'd have no problem having that in.

If I had to pick between spring game and HS All-American game, I'd probably choose the HS game. I don't see the problem with putting in both though.
See, to me the Spring Game would be much more useful. The All-American game would be fun, but realistically speaking even powerhouse teams should only have two or three players in it, and most schools wouldn't have any recruits playing at all. At least with the SG you could decide who to red shirt, as you mentioned. It could also be tied into some (very minor) progression.