Old 01-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #251
Psyblast
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Stanford Cardinal (NCAA 12)

Davis makes the grade

November 11, 2014

A little over a month ago, four star Tempe (AZ) Corona Del Sol offensive tackle Kyle Davis informed reporters and recruiters that if he was admitted to Stanford, that would be his college destination.

Monday, Davis got the good news that he was accepted, and thus has joined Stanford's 2014 class.

"It was such a relief when Coach Kudron called me to give me the news," the nation's #1 tackle said. "For a big, mauling offensive lineman like me, Stanford has become basically a dream location. Their offense really highlights their guys up front, and they love to just steamroll the defense. So I'm so happy that I got in."

Davis gives the Cardinal six verbal commitments for their 2014 class, and with only nine seniors on this year's team, even with the potential for early departures to the NFL, this year's exceptionally small class is reaching completion. Houston (TX) Eisenhower cornerback Corey Thomas is at the top of the wishlist, and Stanford continues to battle Texas and TCU for his services. Another corner prospect on the Cardinal's radar is Bellflower (CA) St. John Bosco four-star Benjamin Gilbert, who has a top three of Cal, Texas and Stanford, although Stanford has not officially offered him yet. Nor has the Cardinal officially offered four-star Monroe (NC) Sun Valley tight end Phil Anderson; contact between the two sides is extensive, however, and an offer from Stanford may be on the horizon.

Finally, with Jordan Williamson set to graduate at the end of the season, the Cardinal will be in the market for a new placekicker, and in the process of recruiting tight end Alexander DeAngelis and quarterback Ryan Miller from the Greater Catholic League in Cincinnati, Stanford's coaches were informed of a standout placekicker who plays for Archbishop Alter High School in Kettering, roughly 50 miles north of Cincinnati. Chad Clayton is the nation's 3rd-ranked placekicker, and could very well be Stanford's prime target as they evaluate kickers going forward.

Stanford Recruiting - November 10, 2014
NAMEPOSPOS. RANKHOMETOWNHTWTCALIBER
Jason McKnightDE#3Pittsburg (CA)6'7252
Michael DowningMLB#5Newport Beach (CA) Newport Harbor6'2245
Alexander DeAngelisTE#8Cincinnati (OH) St. Xavier6'6255
Ryan MillerQB#13Cincinnati (OH) Moeller6'4200
Chad McBrideFS#1Deerfield Beach (FL)6'0210
Kyle DavisT#1Tempe (AZ) Corona Del Sol6'8345
Advertisements - Register to remove