View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #46
thbends
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9
It's a shame. 2k had so much potential... but EA played dirty like Microsoft has been known to do and basically shut them down. I won't even go in to the NFL thing. We all know how low that move was by EA and how it changed the sports game landscape forever.

EA aside I think 2k's real issue is management. They obviously have mismanaged (or not managed at all) many of their respective franchises and it has shown horribly over the years. Great ideas have been lost to lack of customer support. That also led to not following through with promised features.

I don't know the figures but it would be interesting to see how many work on a project for 2k compared to EA and for how long. How many do they keep staffed on a game post release? What is the pay rate compared to EA for employees? Why do I ask these things? It seems like 2k is under staffed or unmotivated. That is a management issue that is slowly squeezing the air out of the company.

Let's all hope that they keep their NBA franchise going. It's become one of the best sports franchises around.

As for one comment I saw about a possible soccer game... No go. EA has owned the WORLD market in that area. It's even bigger then Madden. I believe EA owns all the FIFA rights as well.