View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:55 AM   #349
slimm44
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasterhead
Yeah! Alongside that I've also made a spreadsheet with average stats for positions based on your roster, and the overall/potentials of all the rookies for comparison. (if anyone wants to have a look I'll upload to google docs-it's ugly though!). Since I'm simply making fictional drafts I don't have raw data to draw stats from, so I've just been comparing them to the current roster.

I've noticed for a lot of players, contrary to the guide, you are using freelance off ball screen tendencies on quite a few players. I've avoided using it because of your warning, but what's the latest word on this?
I don't know what you're saying in the second paragraph. Can you please explain?

EDIT: In earlier builds of the roster, I used that tendency in conjunction with the Set Screen Tendency frequently but noticed that when you have players with more than a 0 in Set Screen Tendency, it caused a lot of screens to be set in the low post among big men and they would flash-screen in the low block. I hated that as it's completely unrealistic.

What I've realized is players with a Use Screen Tendency above 0 will automatically "call" for a screen to be set when they want it. I would suggest using the Use Screen Tendency but not using the Set Screen Tendency. With the tendencies edited that way, players will use screens more appropriately but the inappropriate use of setting screens is minimized/eliminated.

If you have any questions, let me know. I'm not sure if I've explained this clearly.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 01-26-2012 at 09:37 AM.