View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #87
Zalf
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 13 Announcement and First Feature Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
I watched the 2 videos that were up and didn't see anything ground breaking. I still see that you cant move your golfer on the tee box. HOW can they not program this in??? Is there a reason that they rarely show game play from the more difficult settings??

I agree with the comments on the chipping and putting especially. The long back swings and follow through are awful to look at. If you are going to make a golf game then you have to nail some little things down.

Have they mentioned anything about having to "qualify" to get into some tourneys?? So first year on the Tour I shouldn't just automatically qualify for the US Open or Masters unless I have met the requirements.
You had to qualify in '12 for some tournaments. Mostly tied into rankings and the way '12 did it's tutorial via lower tours.

As far as the difficulty settings in the videos, the ones I have seen were done with heavy EA influence. They have to be somewhat careful; especially with this being the first year of kinect support; of bad/inexperienced players making the game look too hard or glitchy. Plus if the numbers that are given can be trusted, those of us that prefer the more difficult/sim levels are in the vast minority. So any non-EA directed videos might tend to be on lower difficulties because that is how most people play. I know most reviews seem to be based on the lower levels year after year.