Old 01-30-2012, 12:02 PM   #11
Juce734
Rookie

Juce734's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Provolone, Swiss, and Cheddar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franko3219
These are the type of idiotic quotes that kill this game and the expectation of realism. Once again, if you are mixing your play calls effectively and running plays off of each other, then yes you are correct. However, when you run the same play out of only one formation and nothing else off of that formation, when you run slants every 3rd down, when you come in 4 or 5 wide against 4 or 5 defensive backs with only 1 or 2 receivers and move the ball down the field passing, or vise versa when you line up defensively with 6 DB's against a 21 (2 backs/1 TE) personnel grouping and are effectively able to stop the run all game, that IS cheesing; Cheesing is anything that you would not see happen on Saturdays. I do not feel scrambling with a QB is cheese, however, if that QB is running backwards only to turn and fire a 20 yard pass accurately every play, that would be cheesing. As for your example LSU could do those things mainly because of better players, you witnessed what happened both times that LSU went up against equal or greater talent in Alabama; they could not do those things effectively. That is the problem when someone plays a game against equal or lesser talent and yet is still able to run 5 or 6 plays all game without the players adjusting to stop that play, and the fact that you have over 100 different plays and yet this game only requires you to run 5 or 6 of those to be successful every game is BS. If you do not agree that is your opinion, but it has nothing to do with being butthurt; in fact I would love to see what would happen to those that say that this isn't cheese if EA would actually make a game to where you had to use your entire playbook against evenly matched teams. You would come on here and think that the world was ending with all of the, "the defense is overpowered", "this game is broken because I cannot run slants on every 3rd play", "I need to adjust my sliders so that I can run to the outside every play and not get stopped".
If the guy is running the exact same play over and over again it should be easy to stop it or at least figure it out. Then to stop the slant you need to do a zone as man to man typically gives up slants. Sounds like you struggle on defense in the first place.

Currently playing NCAA 2014
PSN: Juce734 website http://www.rpgjuce.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove