View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #348
fluent2332
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: I'm Lactose Intolerant - Hold the Cheddar and Swiss please: The Good Games Thread

I say it's fine to set your defensive pressure high. It will cause more fouls and more blow-bys for easy layups and dunks. The user should be skilled enough to take advantage of those types who set their pressure high. I'm not saying I'm the highest skilled user out there, far from it, but if someone sets their pressure that high I'm going to look to attack the rim and draw fouls on them. If they set help defense high then I'll look to drive and dish to open shooters. I may bring in my best 3 point shooters and play them out of position just to get an advantage on the offensive end. It's all about the back and forth of different strategies playing out on the court.

I say, if it's in the game, you should be able to use it to your advantage. It's up to the other user to change their game and adapt to your settings, and if they don't, you win. If they do adapt, you either try something else or you lose. The game seems to be balanced well enough that there is a counter for every move you can make. It's just up to you to find that counter and exploit it as much as possible. But as long as the action on the court still replicates what a real team would do somewhat, then by all means go for it.