Old 02-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #1516
bkrich83
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
I agree, but no one was "cut" here. They gave verbals, but they were not yet a part of the team. They were asked to delay their enrollment to the school for a few months, not told that they didn't have a place there anymore. The timing (especially in Philon's case) was sketchy as you say though. That said, no one here knows when he was informed of the possibility of a gray-shirt, we only know when we were informed about it.

They both would have been pretty much guaranteed to redshirt this year anyway. All delaying their enrollment until January would have done is save them a year of eligibility.
In todays world of year to year schollies, you can pretty much be cut. The game has changed and become too much of a business imo. This is just another example of it. I know people think asking a kid to delay his entrance is no big deal, but it kinda is.

Like I said it's not just an Alabama problem, but the spin put on by another Bama fan here to downplay as if Nick did him a favor is a little over the top.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-02-2012 at 04:41 PM.