View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #12
DocBean
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The worst Recruiting problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuseGirl
If you ever have a year where you REALLY want a good player at a certain position, get to your pre-season screen, save, then click on recruiting, it'll ask if you want to make a prospect, create him, make him from your school's state and almost 99% of the time, that prospect is interested in your school (if ur a 5 or 6 star). And make sure he's at the top of ur list and just pound him with pitches, u'll get him.
I tried this a couple times. The first time, in my very first season, I made a couple of QBs, a Senior and a Freshman. They were both ranked in the top 10, and I got them both even though I was rebuilding KU, who was horrible. I lost in the National Title game the first year to Alabama, and haven't lost since. The Freshman kid is now a Junior, and was sure to win the heisman and go pro, but with 10 weeks to play he broke a collarbone and is out 11 weeks. So I don't know if I'll have him next year or not. I'm enjoying playing with my backup QB more since he's not nearly as good.

However, the second season I tried creating a stud DT. He was a beast, with like a 98 rating as a Freshman! Problem was I couldn't get him, and he went to OU, so now I have to play him once or twice every year. - ha.

Anyway, I decided it seemed like cheating, so I haven't created recruits since, and only play with the talent I can recruit from around the country.