View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #4
mzator21
Rookie

OVR: 2
re: A New Bunch of Superstars

An Interview With Top Prospect Matthew Zator

Just before the start of the season we did an interview with one of the nine top prospects on the Niagra Ice Dogs. Here is the transcript of that interview:

How exciting is it being on a team with so many top prospects?

MZ: It's very exciting, I'm playing on a line with two great players who see the ice very well. It's going to be great setting up those two. Geradi drives the net and creates space for me and Macdonald. We hope to be a high scoring line.

Being the only player hailing from Aldergrove, British Columbia how much support are you getting from back home?

MZ: The support has been unbelievable and I am proud to be representing Aldergrove in the OHL. Now I am aiming to do the same thing in the NHL.

Describe yourself to the Niagra fans

MZ: Well, I am a playmaking winger who loves setting up goals. I believe an assist is just as important as a goal. I will shoot if the opportunity presents itself but I always look pass first. I'm not the best defensively. However my goal is to become a good two way player in the NHL.

Who was your idol growing up?

MZ: I always loved Trevor Linden. His was the ultimate team guy who put his team above all else. If I can become even half the player he was I will be happy.

So what's your goal for this season?

MZ: I want to drive my draft ranking up. My goal is to be drafted in the top ten. I also want to have a good plus-minus so that I can show scouts that I can be good in my own zone as well as the offensive zone

Thanks Matt for doing this. Good luck during the season!

MZ: Thanks for having me!

Last edited by mzator21; 02-05-2012 at 01:27 AM.