View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
DUDERMAN
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0
*IDEA* Easy Ball Trajectory Fix (picture inside)

I've read all the complaints about the "super linebackers". I believe, like many of you, that there are no exaggerated jumping linebackers in Madden and instead are a product of poor ball trajectory.

From what I can tell, there are only 3 different types of passes:
1. hold down the button for low trajectory, quick pass
2. tap button for a high trajectory, long pass
3. somewhere in between the two based on how long the button is held.

I was thinking during a game about how this could be fixed and found a way that seems so obvious that I'm surprised they haven't implemented it before.

When you press the button to pass to your receiver (lets say B or circle) a small window should pop up in the lower left or right hand corner of the screen. In this window, it should show a curve indicating the exact trajectory the ball will take. There will be a meter that moves from left to right as long as you hold down the button to pass. As you hold down the button, the curve will adjust and increase. This should emulate the arm's throwing motion.

Now here is where people may have a problem adjusting. Since it is based on the arm moving, it makes more sense that a tap of the button will throw a quick pass and a long hold will get you a higher trajectory (the exact opposite as it is now).

Ideally, you would want the meter to work similar to the active reload in Gears of War. For those that aren't familiar with that game, whenever you press the reload button a meter will pop up and you must hit the reload button again when it hits a certain part of the meter in order to "active reload" (makes your bullets stronger).

So when you select your receiver to pass to it should show you the best possible spot to release the button. This defined "perfect pass" area could be determined by difficulty, QB rating, and/or DPP.

On top of this, they would need to create a release rating for QBs to help with the realism.

I'm not the best at explaining things so I figure I will just show you my idea. I made a very rough draft of what I think it should look like in game. Obviously Madden's art department could make it look much nicer.

So let me know what you guys think.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers
Advertisements - Register to remove