View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #8
DUDERMAN
Rookie

DUDERMAN's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: *IDEA* Easy Ball Trajectory Fix (picture inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
or limit the how tight the arc is when the button is held down for the entirety of the throw.
This is what my idea is trying to accomplish only with a visual element to aid you.

Don't get too caught up with how it looks, it could easy be made smaller and blend in more with the madden theme. It's not meant to change how you play now in terms of speed, only to give you more freedom with your passes and make it a bit more realistic.

Anyone who has used the kicking meter on all madden knows how fast that can go. If you can react in time for that, you will have no trouble reacting in time with this.

If done correctly, it shouldn't change the speed of the game or allow more sacks. In fact, since I have reversed the button holding mechanics, a quick button press may help you avoid more sacks in the future.

Quote:
I'd rather have trajectory decided by the right analog stick. I know it's being used to lead the receiver but instead of a button, think of tiger woods golf how you pull back and then push forward to swing. Same could with arm motion.
This could be cool but way more complicated. Also, how do you choose your receiver? Do you press a button, then go to the right thumb stick? what if I'm throwing on the run?

My idea is not meant to be the a perfect solution. Just an easy one that I would think could be easily implemented within one development cycle.

Eagles | Phillies | Flyers | Sixers