View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
Actinguy1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What's Your Craziest Superbowl?

What's the craziest superbowl you've seen so far? This was mine, as a spectator:

For 2012-2013, I had Peyton Manning go to the Cleveland Browns. Despite missing eight weeks after reinjuring himself, he and McCoy managed to take the Browns to their first Superbowl ever. On the other side of the field was the New Orleans Saints, the first team to ever play a Superbowl in their own stadium.

This seemed like an epic match up. Manning versus Brees, two of the greatest players ever. First time in a Superbowl for the Browns, first team ever to play at their home stadium for the Saints. Possibility of Manning ending his left-for-dead career with a big win. The Browns were seriously lacking high-caliber receivers, but the Saints offensive line had been devastated by injuries. This was going to be an epic game.

The final score? 73-6, Saints.

Peyton Manning was so unbelievably awful, that I pulled him at the start of the third quarter...only to have McCoy throw the first interception, so I put Manning back in. Meanwhile, the Browns could not cover a single Saints receiver. I checked Superbowl records on Wikipedia, and the Saints shattered MOST of them.

So? What's the craziest Superbowl you've seen?
Advertisements - Register to remove