View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #432
pokerplaya
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

I just wanted to share with the community the bit of research I did after talking to Slimm the other night... I'm going to be helping by doing "core" draft classes, so the research I did was to look at every draft between 1985-2010, with 1985 being the initial year of the draft lottery. There was a year or two with more than 2 rounds still, but the draft procedure of today started in 85, so I wanted to start there. The Jordan draft was the year previously, so this was also a good place to start, as we avoid the impact of having to discuss the "general consensus" greatest player ever in our research.

SPECIAL NOTE: All of the below is the copy/paste of my initial research file that I copied my data into, so it's not perfectly formatted. Also, although I allude to it in the file, I was 7 years old in 1985, so not the *most* knowledgable person about the rotations of that era, but I do remember a goodly amount of these players by name basis. If I can remember them playing, they got into the "Memorable/Solid Starter" category.

All data was gathered from Wikipedia alone, so if someone who was already say 18 and a huge fan at that point wants to give me a better idea of players that at least reached solid starter/decently impactful player level, the file could be tightened up. Also, we could fight subjectively for days on certain players, but the general scale I used was:

Multiple All-Star or All-NBA's (Stud), Single All-Star/All-NBA or in some cases someone who led the league in a specific stat for a season (All-Star Talent)

I do want all of the following to be up for debate, and I'm also on board with anyone who wishes to use this research for any means. Just please refrain from calling me an idiot or the like if you disagree with a rating. Thanks, and enjoy, and I'll be working hard on draft classes for us real soon!

The research is in the next post for the sake of brevity.