Old 02-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #37
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Is using another team's playbook "Not Honorable"? Intense Office Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Okay, and what if I use the same playbook for all 16 games of the season? Will the penalty get less as they learn the playbook?

I have used the same custom playbook and the 49ers O playbook for the last 5 yrs of my franchise - why would the guys who have been there that long still get a 'penalty' for it?

FBPro 98 handled this correctly. If you switch every week, the internal "playbook familiarity" rating resets. If you switch then stay constant - it goes back up. HC did similarly with the play learning system (except broke it down to each play - not just a overall playbook penalty - which in Madden would make less sense given how many plays are so common to each playbook)
I think the OP is referring to a Play Now or online ranked game against his co-worker, where as I guess you are referring more to team playbooks in Franchise Mode. So there really wouldn't be teams becoming familiar with playbooks, they would have to use their default playbook, just like with the rosters or suffer a applicable ratings penalty on plays foreign to that book.

Also, I don't agree with the bold part seeing as people switch playbooks in Madden so they can find plays that don't exist in their teams default playbook, so adding an applicable ratings penalty to those foreign plays, makes perfect sense, imo.