View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #451
pokerplaya
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Realistic Rosters/Sliders/Coaching Tendencies *Complete Overhaul*

DRAFT CLASSES INITIAL INFO

Hey everyone, as Slimm mentioned in an earlier post in the thread, yes I will be the one with the majority responsibility of the "core" draft classes with this project. Slimm and I have touched base a few times already, but please understand that I want to achieve integrity for the draft classes to these rosters, so he's been working and I've been working to where I can "port" his theories and philosophy into the draft classes without me not even knowing the man other than through here.

THAT BEING SAID... I am prioritizing an initial draft class to where association players have that draft class to begin their associations with. Yes, there are some jersey numbers, et al, that are off, but those are easy fixes, and especially on those, they do not stop someone from being able to play an association, they can just edit it.

If I try to get 10 classes out lickety-split, its going to be forever before I get the classes out. I have a full-time job and a girlfriend, but I AM going to put a lot of time into this. I'm going to look at what we and Slimm have in our plan so far, and begin work in the next day or two. I do NOT know exactly when they will be finished, so please don't ask -- but I *will* update the thread with my progress as I make it, so you won't be left in the dark.

EDIT FOR ADDITION: The 1st draft class will be a strong draft, since even though it is fictional, most NBA scouts say that next year's depth in the draft is exceptional. I still am not planning on it being a "LeBron-level" draft, but it will be a stronger depth draft class, with a few potential stars in there, and a decent amount of starters. After that I will be mixing and matching strong and weak drafts, and out of the 10 drafts there will be at least one "talent-infuser" draft similar to the 2003, 1996, and 1985 drafts. In 10 years there should be one class that should re-energize the league, IMHO.

SECOND EDIT: Once the exact formula that I use (and Slimm for the ones he does) is finished and I'm confident with it, I will release it so you can do your own classes of your own accord as well, in case you wish to go farther than ten seasons. I tend to ramble, ya'll... sorry - but things just hit me and I think they need to be shared. Slimm's already shown it hundreds of times over, but I'm dedicated as well to making this the game we all deserved to get. Thanks for reading my novels.

Last edited by pokerplaya; 02-09-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove