View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #23
spankdatazz22
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: OS Staff Lists Their Three Most Anticipated Titles of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
Funny how the staff didnt have 2K13 on their list; 2K12 had a chance to vanquish any hopes of an EA NBA title this year, and they let it slip through their fingers. Anything that EA comes out with now will be played by ballers who are fed up with 2Ks buggy game.
cheers
I think the lack of 2K13 on anyone's list speaks more to the different expectations placed on the title versus other games. It's way out in front of any other sports game in terms of presentation and individual player signature style, areas that any other sports game would do well to emulate. But those are things that are rarely acknowledged because they're taken for granted imo, while not expected from other sports games. Also anyone saying they're "fed up with 2K's buggy game/looking forward to EA's basketball game" seem to casually forget that the reason EA skipped a year was because their last basketball game was so buggy it had to be cancelled. Something that hasn't occurred with a sports title since early last generation. And even though EA's basketball title will have that oft-desired two-year development window, I'm sure most will go into the game not expecting much from it. Same as a certain NFL football game. Either way, my top 3 (sports):

1.) NBA2K13
2.) Madden 13
3.) (only one) The Show 13/MLB 13/possible EA baseball title

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS