View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #26
truintellectplaya
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
First, who cares about sales? Pretty sure sales have a hand in a lot of things, including the resources that go into game development, but I won't go there.

Second, what was the purpose of your post? All you did was go on about how you don't like people talking about sales, and it looks like you don't like the idea of EA being mentioned with 2K (more or less in general, actually). That wasn't even the point of my post, this isn't a comparison; the point was, since they've had 2 years to develop a game (which is what most sports gamers want), they could possibly make a big jump, close to 2K (which is the set bar, right?), and provide some competition.

Also, nowhere in my post did I say I prefer a lower quality game; can we even say EA's title will be of lower quality anyway? If you have some inside knowledge, please, do tell (in the appropriate thread, of course).

Third, YOU specifically prefer 2K5 to Madden, let's make that clear. Everyone does not; back when I played that game, it wasn't really fun to me, even though it was more realistic. A lot of people value being able to have fun in a game versus complete realism.

Finally, the reason Madden has exclusivity is not because Madden "realized" they could sell something (not to a "certain" customer, BTW, but the MAJORITY of the customers) and profit. This discussion isn't even relevant or appropriate, so I'll put it in spoilers, but long story short:
Spoiler

AND, I never mentioned what I thought EA's title would sell, it was more of a "what-if" type scenario. Again, that's why I'm ANTICIPATING it, never said I was purchasing it. Same reason why I'm anticipating NCAA and Madden. I want to see the progress they'll make.

For the most part, I expect 2K to be improved, without vast changes, so it's more or less "I'll see it when it gets here" for me.
Sure, my point is quite obvious. Anyone talking about what a game that they have not seen will sale is obviously a little over the top with the touting IMO. That's like saying Eminem will sale records without even hearing the product. You are touting and in love with his rep even though he makes music with no substance most of the time. Why are people not running around here talking about what 2K will sell? Because they don't care considering 2K has always been about creating a sim game. I would rather 2K not sale than to keep changing things to appease the casual fans which are usually crybaby losers. That's the difference and the point since you had to bring 2K into the argument directly.